- GraphQL is an API integration layer in distributed software (microservices) world.
- GraphQL is both a query language and a runtime for executing the queries.
- GraphQL solves underfetching and overfetching problems.
- GraphQL is strongly typed.
- Caching, profiling, and rate limiting are challenging with GraphQL!
- Schema stitching is a technique for decentralizing a GraphQL schema in microservices world.
- Schema stitching can be done by convention or configuration.
- GraphQL schemas can be completely decentralized by choreography.
- A pragmatic approach to enable a GraphQL API is building a centralized GraphQL gateway.